View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 03:43 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The biggest concentration I have ever seen was just south of Durbin, South Africa. Given that SAA goes from point to point with only 10% fuel reserve, making a big curve out over the ocean to land in Durbin was a white knuckle deal. Looking down, it looked like hundreds upon hundreds of black pollywogs. The main Durban beach area was just a few mile north of that area and that place is replete with shark nets, gun towers and patrol craft. Say hey, I asks my Afrikaner business associate, what gives with all the sharks over yonner.

Fish processing plant there, he tells me. I’m thinking, jeezzz, doesn’t seem like a resort beach and a fish processing plant dumping waste product into the ocean are exactly compatible industries. Driving north there was another beach area without any shark nets, gun towers or patrol craft. What’s happening there I ask, no nets, no towers, no nuthin. Homelands tribal beach, was the answer followed by, “they don’t like to swim anyway“. Well, I should think not, was my unexpressed feeling.

Scamp