View Single Post
Old 06-19-2002, 03:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Cool more Quotes

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth- and the amusing thing about it is that they are..."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

"Over the years the Marines had built up a deserved reputation for bravery, devotion to duty and never striking their colors. This was part of the living tradition of the Corps, for which even the rawest recruit cherished as an inspiration... Young men in particular need some group smaller than the nation or a mass army, but not conflicting with it, to which they can pledge their devotion and which will call upon them for unselfish performance of duty. This was the particular contribution of the Marine Corps."
- Paul Douglas, United States Senator

"The Marine Corps taught me that I could achieve my goals. In short, the Marines made me believe in myself."
- Gregory Alan-Williams, award winning actor and author

"Fortunately God loves the Marines."
- Samuel Eliot Morison, 1951

"...we also receive from them [Marines past] the eternal spirit which has animated our Corps from generation to generation... So long as that spirit continues to flourish Marines will be found equal to every emergency in the future as they have in the past, and the men of the Nation will regard us as worthy successors to the long line of illustrious men who have served..."
- General John A. Lejeune, Commandant, USMC, Marine Corps Birthday Message, 1921

Sempers,

Roger
Attached Images
File Type: gif lean green killing machine.gif (12.2 KB, 48 views)
1961-1977
68/69
Once A Marine............Always A Marine.............

http://www.geocities.com/thedrifter001/
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote