View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 08:58 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry Hoipe the Voters REMEMBER this big LIE when they go to the Polls:

Richard Blumenthal is just another example of the attitude of MOST of today's Politicians. Anything that is necessary to get elected is completely acceptable just as long as the Voters never learn of the deception. In Blumenthal's case he decided that it would further his political career to state that he was a Vietnam Veteran while knowing all the while that he never served in the conflict. That LIE was paying off for him until the Lie was revealed to the Voting public and he was then forced to admit the truth.

Now being a Vietnam Veteran is FASHIONABLE and translates into many Votes. Forty plus years ago just the opposite was the norm as it was very fashionable to PROTEST THE WAR and the DRAFT that went along with it. Being a War Protestor got Votes back then. If you have any doubts about this just look at how John Kerry sold out all the rest of us Vietnam Veterans when he returned from Nam. He used the Anti War feelings, then held by many American Voters, to fuel his first attempts at Political Office. When he ran for President however, that same Anti War feeling paid a part on just why he lost the election. It was no longer fashionable to be a War Protestor--It was much more fashionable to have served and supported the war. Blumenthal understood this and tried to float into office on the backs of Vietnam Veterans, living and deceased, that served their country when that service was so desperately needed.

The point that I am now trying to make is this. Richard Blumenthal attempted to deceive the American Voters about his Vietnam Service in order to gain Votes by making those Voters believe that he was a Vietnam Veteran. He attempted to use the pain, suffering and death of many other Americans that did step forward and served honorably--Just to further his own Political Career!! Can the American Voters now trust him to tell the truth if he is elected, or will he just find a new way to LIE about another issue in more attempts to further his own interests? I most sincerely doubt that he can be trusted to ever tell the truth again!! We have a lot of lying politicians already in office. Do we really want to add another one to that list?

To all of my Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters I again want to wish you a MOST SINCERE and HEART FELT:

WELCOME HOME

VIETNAM 1968
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote