View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 02:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up MOLSON'S

Sittin' here drinking one as I type this. MMMM, MMMM! Gonna have a HARP next. Gotta agree with you on at least the OLY, Dan. And I'm from the West. Do like the Original COOR'S, though. We used to have a S.F. beer, BURGERMIESTER, that was excellent. It went out of production years ago. Too bad, BURGIE was a good beer. We do have a beer that dates back to the Gold Rush days; ANCHOR STEAM. It used to be pretty much just a western distribution, but now I think it's almost national. If it's available, try it. A good beer. If possible, wash down some EXTRA sourdough french bread with it.

Haven't drank many Eastern beers in years. That was about all that made it to Nam, though. Packo, your right about PABST. Pretty good beer. I liked the HAMM'S, also. BALLANTINE was probably my least favorite. Well, that's a lie........BLACK LABEL was my least favorite. Everybody else's in-country also, since that was about the only beer that made out in the field to us. That's not to say that BALLANTINE was a bad beer. To be fair, I'm sure that we weren't getting any of these beers in their prime. After sitting on a dock somewhere in the States, for God knows how long, before being loaded into a hot cargo hold of a ship, then traveling half way around the world, only to be off-loaded on a dock in the tropics and sitting for, God knows how long, it wouldn't surprise me if it lost ALOT of it's quality.

Headin' to the 'fridge for that HARP now.