View Single Post
Old 07-25-2002, 01:08 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Post PART 2

The next exchange in this controversy involved a letter from the Chemical Corps School, subject: Support for LSD-25 Exercises, dated 13 October 1960, to the Commander, Chemical Corps R&D Laboratories, in which it was recognized that the Medical Research Laboratory would support only one more LSD-25 practical exercise at the Chemical
Corps School, and also advised that with the Laboratories? assistance on this exercise, the
School would be able to conduct future exercises, calling on the Laboratory only for the chemical agent. The letter continued by requesting assistance for a 28 October 1960 Advanced NCO Class exercise, although emphasizing that the School understood that the Laboratory would have preferred to participate in the exercise for the Officer Career Class. By 1st Endorsement the Commander of the Laboratory advised that they would be unable to participate in the exercise for the NCO Class on 28 October 1960, but that
selected NCO students and staff could be included in the planned. December exercise for the Advanced Officer class. By 2n Indorsement, dated 4 November 1960, the Commandant, Chemical Corps School, expressed appreciation to the Chemical Corps R&D Laboratories for the assistance provided on 28 October 1960 for the LSD exercise. It also mentioned that two doctors from Fort McClellan participated and that in the future they would not require any assistance from the Laboratories except for requesting the chemical agent. By 3d Indorsement, dated 10 November 1960, the Laboratory Commander advised the Commanding General, Chemical Corps R&D Command, of the
recommendation of the responsible physician that experimentation on humans with LSD-25 follow certain defined protocols, and again restated that only the responsible physician could approve tests with LSD. By 4th Indorsement the Commanding General, Chemical Corps R&D Command, advised the Office physician?s of the Chief Chemical Officer that the interpretation of the responsible authority and responsibility was correct and that only he could approve experiments involving human subjects. Nowhere in this correspondence do we find reference to Department of the Army policy as expressed in Chief of Staff Memorandum 385, or discussion about whether the ?demonstrations or
practical exercises with LSD? were violations of that policy. However, the available evidence indicated that the responsible physician attempted to terminate demonstrations with LSD as unnecessary for scientific research.

The evidence did not clearly establish the necessity for tests conducted at Fort McClellan.
On the contrary, the indications were that the tests were conducted for other than necessary scientific research, which was a violation of Chief of Staff Memorandum 385.

In summary, available evidence indicated that LDS field testing at Fort McClellan may have started as early as May 1959 and included several officer and NCO classes. The records indicated that the last test at Fort McClellan [and elsewhere] probably, was conducted in December 1960, although there may have been other tests. Some credence
was lent to this belief of subsequent tests by the testimony of a witness, who stated that he and another doctor took LSD at the Chemical Corps School in January 1961. He also stated that he was an observer at other LSD tests during 1961....

** I mentioned in the beginning of this section (5) that this is where I believe I entered the
picture. Note that hallucinogenic experimentation was Army wide during the Cold War, 1955-1967. The elements utilized were predominantly LSD and even BZ (there were others)! The last series of tests in this one cycle took place in December 1960, and by the Army?s own admission, these experiments took place at locations other than Ft. McClellan
alone!

The dates that I was personally hospitalized (and quarantined) was between 14 December and 19 December 1960 (at least), for what was later referred to as a COMMON COLD! After ingestion of a pill, within one to 2 hours as close as I can tell, I went blank for days if not weeks or months.

I have fairly decent long-term memory, but my short term is shot. I also suffer from anemia, hypertension, degenerative arthritis, total intolerance to stress, and BI-polar disorder, among other things. My three sons all share in at least one of these ailments, all three having been born well after (honorable) discharge!

The second action that I questioned was a (so-called) mystery shot administered to me at the Fresno VAMC in 1978 or 1979! They said that it (the witnessed shot) was for pain, however, the next day, literally all of the hair fell off of my arms and legs! This (shot) too, has been denied and I have even been subjected to threats by this facility for filing a letter of complaint!

Let me quote three (different parties) of these numerous threats and let you decide their potential-

1- (Over the phone) ?Mr. -------, the First Amendment is a splendid thing, but you sir have pushed the envelope to the limit!? (Party unknown) (witnessed)

2- (Fresno VAMC, right after I wrote a written complaint to Max Clelland) ?Mr -------, if you ever have to stay overnight in this facility, you just might end up in the basement!?

3- (San Diego VA, Service Org, Rep. over phone)
"One of these days Mr. -------, you just might catch a bullet from the rocks across from your place!

As a matter of fact, an adjudication officer in San Diego once said (in writing) that ?My claim
could not possibly be true as my story has never changed!??

If you can figure out the logic in this statement, please educate me as I am at a loss to understand
what in the hell he meant!?
__________________________________________________ Most Americans are true patriots at heart, be they akin to those farmers who stood fast at that bridge in Lexington (Massachusetts) some 226 years ago, or those now fighting against International Terrorism! Many of these brave souls would gladly lay their lives on the line against any enemy that threatens our land, our ideals or our families! One can not, however, battle a foe that remains hidden in the medical shadows. A terror that strikes out at it's own and then hides it's shame under the armour of protectionism!

We are a nation of honor and truth. A country that has prided itself for over 200 years on it's sense of fair play and the Golden Rule. In such a nation, one does not prey upon his own, and although I fully realize and accept that those who perpetrated and protected the above referenced medical atrocities represent but a minute fraction of of our gallant population, these people (those who experimented upon our own, and those who now see fit to protect them) must be identified and not sanctified!

I am sure that no one out there, not even those guilty of such criminal experimentations, would want their own kids or grand kids utilized in such dastardly endeavors. These experiments upon the unwitting, violate the law, our pride, our concept of fair play, and even our very souls! (opinion)

"VERITAS UNUM"