View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 07:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sarah palin sued by republican activist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrels joy View Post
Joy

"...the investigation was touched off when Palin sacked Public Safety Commissioner Walter Monegan, who broke openly with Palin over her efforts to cut his agency's budget:...."

Thats all well and good but thats not what Palin said when she was confronted with this:
"...The governor continues to say she dismissed Monegan and replaced him with Kenai Police chief Chuck Kopp last week because she wants a new direction for the department...." http://www.adn.com/politics/story/468174.html Kopp was the sexual harasser that she hired to replace Monegan....who she had to fire 2 weeks later, giving him $10,000 of the taxpayer's money as severance pay for two weeks where he hadn't even moved his stuff into his desk. Whats WITH repulican vetting procedures, anyway?

And as for all that crapola about Hollis French being a democrat and Obama supporter: The comittee that he represents is made up of 8 repuglicans and 4 democrats---whY doesn't your article reference that fact? And that committee represents the primarily repuglican controlled Alaska legislature. I think Alaskan republicans are getting dam tired of having the McPalin campaign ousiders run their state

Your little pitbull with lipstick whole heartedly agreed to "cooperate fully" with the committee---look at the video referenced above: "..." I will fully cooperate with any investigation...... I have nothing to hide....I look forward to any kind of investigation...I want them to ask me questions...Hold me accountable!...."
Now she only wants to be investigated IN SECRET bY PEOPLE SHE APPOINTED AND CAN FIRE!! wHATS UP WITH THAT???

And how about this? Palin says in the same article cited above: "..."To allege that I, or any member of my family, requested, received or released confidential personnel information on an Alaska State Trooper, or directed disciplinary action be taken against any employee of the Department of Public Safety, is, quite simply, outrageous," Palin said in a statement also released Thursday...."

It wasn't at all outrAgeous---it was the truth! She completely backtracked on that within a week: "...Palin, who has previously said her administration didn't exert pressure to get rid of trooper Mike Wooten, also disclosed that members of her staff had made about two dozen contacts with public safety officials about the trooper.

"I do now have to tell Alaskans that such pressure could have been perceived to exist although I have only now become aware of it," Palin said.

She didn't mention the emails the comittee has from Todd Palin to Monegan either. Its imposssible to believe that Plain didn't know that her staff --- AND HER OWN HUSBAND!-- weren't contacting Monegan over this! How out of touch can you get?

What a soap opera!! here's todays Sister Sarah news:

"Palin Sued for Private E-Mails About State Business" http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the...e_e-mails.html

ANCHORAGE -- In a lawsuit filed in Alaska Superior Court, a Republican activist seeks to force Gov. Sarah Palin to produce copies of official correspondence she sent and received on private e-mail accounts.

Andrée McLeod filed the suit Wednesday and publicized it in a news release today. "Rather than using her state e-mail account, throughout her two-year tenure as Governor of Alaska, defendant Sarah Palin, as a matter of routine, has used, and, on information and belief, continues to use, (at least) two private e-mail accounts... to conduct official business of the State of Alaska," the suit alleges.

The suit is the latest front in a battle McLeod is waging over Palin's e-mail. In June, she filed an open-records request and received four boxes of redacted e-mails. But more than 1,100 others were withheld, an action Palin justified by claiming executive privilege. McLeod appealed that claim last month before going to court last week....."

So we can see real well what kind of "transparency" Palin will bring to the job: none. This raises an important issue---does a governor have a "right" to executive privilege? I'v never head of another governor doing this. Presidents claim executive privilege but there's nothing at all in the constitution about it and I would like to see that examined by the Supreme Court. But Presidents can at least claim they have life and death issues like national security that must be done in secret----what does a governor do that compares with that and PLEASE! Not the "I can see Russia from my house" argument!