View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 05:04 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Breaking news!!! Seven sarah aides to testify!!!

I'll start with the Kopp BS:

http://www.adn.com/news.government.story472493.html
"Kopp acknowledges harassment complaint
Letter of reprimand told him 'don't ever hug an employee'

By MEGAN HOLLAND
mholland@adn.com

Published: July 23rd, 2008 12:05 AM
Last Modified: July 23rd, 2008 01:37 PM

New Department of Public Safety Commissioner Chuck Kopp on Tuesday for the first time said he had a sexual harassment complaint made against him in 2005 by a female assistant when he was chief of Kenai Police and that he was reprimanded for it by the City of Kenai.

The complaint ultimately yielded a letter of reprimand from the city that went into his personnel file but was removed a couple years later after no other complaints were made against him, he said.....

....But the woman behind the allegation says Kopp isn't telling the truth about details of their relationship. The Daily News contacted the woman, and she agreed to be interviewed if her name was not used......

.....The woman, reached after the press conference, said much of what Kopp said is not true; other things are distorted. She said, for example, they met when she started working as a dispatcher at the police department, not in high school, as he said.

The hugs, she said, started when she became his assistant in 2005 and only took place when no one was around, she said.

"He kept trying to build this icky closeness," she said in a phone interview.

Kopp says he rubbed her neck once because she was in extreme pain. The woman says that she felt uncomfortable in letting him touch her.

The woman told Kopp to stop. But he didn't and the requests for hugs continued, she said"

So its a he said she said kind of thing---who ya gonna believe---the victim? or the sexual harasser?

The latest news is even more portentious: Seven of Sarah's aides have agreed to testify before the legislative committee investigation:
\http://www.adn.com/troopergate/story/546971.html

"TROOPERGATE: State employees will honor legislative subpoenas.

By WESLEY LOY
wloy@adn.com

Published: October 6th, 2008 01:38 AM
Last Modified: October 6th, 2008 01:43 AM

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's attorney general announced Sunday that seven state employees will now honor subpoenas to testify in the legislative investigation of the Troopergate affair.

Attorney General Talis Colberg said the decision comes in light of Superior Court Judge Peter Michalski's ruling last week rejecting an attempt to kill the subpoenas.

The state Department of Law "consulted with the seven state employees and advised them of their options," a statement from Colberg's office said.

All seven have decided to cooperate with the investigation, the statement said...."

this after Colbergs suit to block the subpoenas wa tossed out of court. I'm real sure that Colberg has already talked to the AK Supreme Court and his last ditch emergencyy appeal to block the investigation from revealing its findings on Oct 10th will be going no where. A state Supreme Court NEVER, to the best of my knowledge has ever blocked the due and lawful release of a legislative committee's report. Yhere's a whole issue of seperation of powers and an attorney general has no legal standing to block the release of a legislative report.

It loooked like there was going to be a release of the report anyway whether the subpoena'd people testified or not.

I think the AK Supreme Court is going to kick the chair out from under Sister Sarah---there's no legal grounds at all to delay the report. The next question will be when will Sarah and Todd testify? If she doesn't, I can hardly believe all those good folks in Alaska won't impeach her--there ARE checks and limits on her job no matter how she wants to pretend there isn't
I think this will be all over the news by Friday. As I say, you can tell from the fierce die hard resistance from the McPalin campaign and all those high price Washington lawyers that there's going to be something bad for The Little Pitbull IN Lipstick in it and they know it.
I'm looking forward to the due and lawful release of the report and so should Palin's supporters---if she really has nothing to hide as she claims.

Last edited by exlrrp; 10-06-2008 at 05:28 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote