View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 
Question North Korean attack on South Korea

What the heck is going on in Korea today?
"North Korea attacks South Korea" and both nations have nukes available to them either through their own means or through nations that their allied with like America or China.
I was privileged enough to have served on a short T.D.Y. tour in Seoul in early '67 but at the time I was assigned to United Nations service and I believe that the UN is still defending the "peace treaty" in the Korean peninsula. American armed forces are still based to this day throughout the South defending a peace that was declared in the early fifty's of the twentieth century which established the North Korea and South Korea of today.
Are American troops to be lost to the North Koreans again today and is America standing on its own in the South? What's the United Nations reaction to todays Korea and does it have any way of stopping another Korean War? Has the UN turned a blind eye on Korea? Will our Pulitzer Peace Prize winning Commander and Chief ignore the circumstances of today or just blame it on the Republicans?
Eisenhower was a Republican and was the President when the Korean "War" ended after all.
Guess we'll just have to sit back and let our hemorrhoids over rule our brain while China and Russia rule Korea.
Sponsored Links