Thread: Warriors Saloon
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2004, 11:21 AM

Thumbs up Please help us out!

Short Dawg - you are not alone. My husband (Sgt. Brian Grant, USMC) came back from Operation Iraqi Freedom a changed person and much angrier. My suggestion for you to vent is to do something positive. Okay, I know I sound like Pollyanna, but here is what I do and what I got my husband to help me do:

I am the Founder of Give2theTroops, Inc. We send encouraging care packages and letters to our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan (all branches of service.)

I throw myself into helping because it keeps me busy and not depressed.

Our website is: www.Give2thetroops.org and we have hundreds of troops we support. I just mailed 14 ENORMOUS boxes to the troops today. They each weighed 49-51 pounds and although my back is killing me, I don't care. I love doing it because it is fpr our troops and it keeps me positively focused. We are nationwide and could use all the help we can get. So if you're game, email me at: Info@Give2thetroops.org or just reply to this post.

God Bless you and thank you for your service to our country. There are many, many appreciative Patriotic Americans who are indebted to you.
Semper Fi,
Andi