Thread: Crossbows
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2003, 07:08 AM

Cool

When I lived in Seattle I used a small hand drawn cross bow for home protection. I didn't need a permit to use/own it so it worked great for little ol'me. It had a 30 lb draw and all I needed was a small hand hook to pull the string back. I set up a refrigerator box in my apartment, we're talking the thick heavy cardboard. I put a practice bolt through the box and stuck into the cinderblock wall.

After that I felt confident that this baby would protect me...no worries. And since it is a one time shoot per pull the chances that I would be killed with my own weapon were negligible.

Now the majority of my money goes to purchasing medieval weapons. I never worry that I will run out of ammo.

And you guys thought I was just another pretty face. Hehehhe

DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote