Thread: Crossbows
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2003, 07:10 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Steve

A cross bow wouldn?t be bad however I?ve seen an arrangement that is totally awesome. It?s a bolt action .22, Rugar I think. It?s mostly plastic, very light. The one I saw has a silencer on it that really works, a Russian version of a starlight. Also has an IR red dot scope that you can place on a target at about 150 feet (in the dark or at least dusk). Fire subsonic ammo and there is virtually no noise. At 100 feet your center mass might be (for example) a person?s left ear. Ear and temple shots are very effective.

Keith: Actually I think the long bow men of the middle ages had a weapon more powerful that you suggest. Check out some of the battles fought by the English kings Edward III or Henry V. They seem to have killed an awful lot of French Knights with Long bows.

Stick: A good friend who I'm still in touch with SSgt Duffy got wounded in the 25th Division. Once out of the hospital he was re-assigned to be an advisor in IV Corps. He says that his RTO a Ruff & Puff was killed by an arrow while taking a leak on the wire one night in a full moon. So much for high teck.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote