View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Capt. Park G. Bunker
USAF, 30 Dec. 1970, Laos
was a member of the Ravens that weren't even listed until many years after he didn't come home because of the "Classified" missions that he was assigned to. Park's plane was found many years later on what was the HoChiMinh trail and Rt. 9 near KheSanh in Laos but no remains were found in it.
I've worn that bracelet since the bracelets were first introduced to help in the financing of the The Wall and it will go into the hole with me unless he's back home.
Several months ago I was going into a courthouse and the uniformed deputy at the security station told me that I had to take the bracelet off and I told him that I wouldn't. He made a fuss about it untill another uniformed cop came over but he had three stripes on his sleeve. He looked at the bracelet and asked the deputy if his name was Park Bunker?
"No!" with a snotty tone.
With an authoritive loud voice from the Sgt., "You have absolutely no right to ask this any man, any woman to take off one of these bands off unless your name is written on the bracelet. Don't ever ask anyone else to remove a POW/MIA bracelet, period.
You may pass, sir. Welcome home."