View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 01:20 PM

Default Sorry to hear that

Locksly - we just got a new small one in Crown Point, IN. Not much bigger than our old one but new. We can't get our MEDS there any more - unless the Doc prescribes one that is new. All Meds have to be phoned in or by going on the WEB. Meds are going up again its almost cheaper to get them at the local drug stores. I now take 5 prescribed (get 90 day supply) and 3) over the counter. Wife is taking 5 herself. These cost believe it or not add up in a year.

Finally made 66 - so I started my SSI should get the first check next month. Wife gets a portion of mine. However, my boss didn't want me to retire as they can't find anyone who can do my job - so - they put in a web line and bought me my desk and computers to work from home when my wife is having one or more of her procedures. That was pretty good
of them - plus I can use the insurance as well as the pay.

Can't say this made my wife of 45 years very happy - since she's used to having her own schedule that is uninterrupted by me - or me being under foot all day. But I can run her around on short trips that she needs to make - and I can watch out for her. She's got a pretty bad back and her spine can't take much more. She's been told she will not be able to walk pretty soon has she has deteriorated so much. She's almost a 100 lbs small gal but tough as nails.

VA is good for me as it has been for our three generations. My Grandpa in WWI, Dad and Uncle in WWII and Larry and I in Viet Nam. Larry died from complications to Agent Orange in the Denver VA Hospital about 10 years ago. It wasn't pretty.

I did only 12 years should have done more than my wife would have been covered as well. From 63 to 75 I feel was enough. Getting ready for Memorial Day - I take the Grandkids with me to a few places to keep them aware of those who've served and why they did what they did. At first they didn't understand a whole lot - but after 10 years of going with their Papa well they are getting a handle on it now.

I regret that many of those I went to school with are dropping like flies or have one foot in the grave. I won't let that happen to me. I've been trying to take care of myself as I know my wife will have a tough time when I'm gone. Though she won't admit it. Its funny that the longer you live together the more you pick on each other - I can't figure that out. It seems we have more bickering over nothing!!!! I guess that's just because we are all so close to the end of our lives that we tend take little things and amplify the hell out of them. Why?

There's period of time when we don't talk to each other - which aggravates the crap out of me. I'm in the dog house for reason's I can't figure out. I think its because she's got alot of pain she deals every day and when I get to static (not doing nother) well she'll rip me a new ass just because.

But I Love Her - she's a good old gal and has put up with tons of my shit for many years. I'm no saint and won't tell you I am.

Stay healthy and try to be active - its the only way to keep from falling over and hurting yourself or others on the way down. Like I said keep your sense of humor I try to find something funny about everything. It keeps me from crying I guess or just giving up.

I enjoy work because its all I've ever done. My Dad to told me you have to accept one thing in life. I said "whats that"? He said; one thing a man has to do - is that you have "work all your life" - so get used to it! So based on his work ethics - he engrained me.

I hope all you Boy's and Gal's on this site have been behaving yourselves. I don't post often but I do think you all - as Brother's and Sister's - who've done what they needed to do - when very few wanted to go at all. Serving and doing your bit is part of my families hertiage. What they did and all other's that followed have my deepest gratitude. Those who fell are Hero's to me - and will not be forgotten. Those who came back with the greatest of all injuries my thoughts and prayers are with you always. Sacrafice is something rare in this world - but of late - I think its gatching on. It's a pitty that so much pain and suffering is given (and gotten) by those who only want a better life for themselves. They should thank God they were so lucky to have American's send their Boy's and Girl's to help them in their time of need.

I take great pride in knowing that American's such as yourselves are the "absolute backbone" of this Country. God Bless us all and God Bless our Country and may our way of life continue and may future sacrafices be limited when at all possible. Amen

Your Pal - Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

Last edited by Boats; 05-18-2012 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Grammar
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote