Thread: somalia
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 01:46 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Re ?dog eat dog?, Robert. Ayup, that be the one, most certainly. The Horn of Africa is in a continuous state of turmoil and has been as far back as the eye can see. Even Cuba; whilst playing international hit-man/bully for Moscow, was in Somalia a killin, cuttin n? a gutten but the Hollywood Germs who swoon over Che n? Fidel as being the purest juice of the prune, don?t want us knowing about Angola, the Congo or Somalia. Nope, mighty ugly business came down and is still coming down.

The current Somalia flail has Al Qaeda posing as the ?Islamic Courts? mob, they treed the UN sponsored Somali Government, started making hits on Ethiopia and kabooom, Ethiopia hits back, real hard. Certainly non-PC of them and I suppose Ethiopia will get some serious heat from our MSM for fighting back and defending themselves. We know that?s a real bad-dog and sufficient cause for a muzzle swat with a rolled newspaper.

And in the rest of the Islamic world, it?s more of same-same. One sect gets a leg up, and the other sect gets their face planted in the dung heap with a boot on the neck keeping them there. Closer to home, the Moslem Cab drivers at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport now refuse to transport anybody carrying alcohol or having a dog, even a guide dog. In that there are some 900 Moslem Cabbies working that airport, there is a measurable impact. Oh, the Moslem Cabbies are mostly Somali in origin.

One can assume that some local Government authority issues the cab operating licenses, but inflicting Islamic religious beliefs on travelers doesn?t seem to be an issue in Minnesota. Maybe separation of ?Mosque and State? is a different deal, eh. Then will come the next big deal where women are required to ride in the trunk of a Cab, same as lovely mid-east and Asian Islamic places. Damn, I want to get a ticket to that event and watch the smoke n? fire when that comes down. :ek:

Scamp