View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 02:19 PM

Arrow A few weeks later

Butch and I had just finished up a small part-time job. So we stopped a McDonalds in Harvey, IL I went in to order some food.
Came out with our food found Butchy on the ground he got in a fight outside (while I was inside) and the guy hit with a sledge
hammer in his chest. I drove Butch to the hospital - he had three cracked ribs and a hair line fracture in his sternum.
-
Talk about bad luck - Jesus!
-
Least to say Butch - has passed a way not to long ago - he was X-Army soldier during NAM.
I've lost about 4 more guys I knew growing up - plus those four also went to Nam and got killed.
I think I said this before in 61 I was shot in back with a 20 gauge shot gun less than three foot away.
Had a hole about as big as grapefruit. But in 63 I enlisting they took me after I signed a waiver -
and passed the PT test. And I too ended up with NAM duty. - got out in 75.
-
Five guys in the neighborhood got killed in NAM. My mom freaked out when I enlisted as most Mother's did -
and so did my Brother who later died from AO.
-
The family is full of military men going back to WWI. My Dad was blow out of jeep by a mine in Alaska -
he's gone and so are all my Uncles that served during WWII.
-
So don't ever say we weren't American's - we all mostly enlisted except one or two got drafted - but still went.
-
It's tough being a Veteran and looking back at all the Bud's and family that are no longer walking on this earth.
But when live they were all hard as nails growing up in tough areas - and were all American's - and did their
Duty to God and Country, I'm proud of them all!
-
Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote