View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 10:45 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I would not salute the flag or rise for the national anthem until the early eighties. If anyone said anything I would just say, "I'm exempt." One of the main things I learned from Vietnam was how truly idiotic the self-righteous were and how rarely they put themselves on the line for their beliefs. This country is now awash in phonies, liars and demagogues trying to take away the right for us to think and judge for ourselves. "You can fool all of the people some of the time, some to the people all of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time." Demagogues are working tirelessly night and day to prove Lincoln a liar while the deluded cry for more, more self-righteousness, terrified of getting up off their fat asses and going to find out the truth for themselves. " You can take my gun when you wade through the McDonalds wrappers to where I lie dead in my recliner with talk radio on and pry it from my cold dead fingers."