View Single Post
Old 06-09-2003, 01:05 PM

Until the circumstances encounter each of us - we don't really know how we would react. I'm not sure I really could answer this without having been captured.

Surrendering is a personal thing and until I was in that spot I couldn't dare make a comment on how I would react or what I would do. Captured you could make a difference - Dead is dead.
Captured you may have a chance to escape or gather information that would be beneficial to others later.

I just can't really say what I would do under those circumstances. If I had ammunition and some means of escape or at least a chance I fight on. Consider the wounded if your not there to carry them or nurse them many would be shot on the spot. There are many hero's that were captured and even those who surrendered for whatever the reasons will always have the memory of the events they had to undertake.

Death isn't always the most galmerous way to go living and surviving are the real battles of mind and body and the soul.

Gimpy and Andy I just don't have a good answer and its awful tough to judge others when I haven't been where they've been - regardless of the circumstances by which they were imprisoned.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote