View Single Post
Old 06-27-2004, 04:03 PM

Although I believe this to possibly be a doctored photo of that fateful day, I do have to say that there are some major differences between the 1940's crash of the B-25 at the Empire State Bldg and the crashes into the World Trade Center.

The B25 is a MUCH smaller plane than either of the two planes that crashed on Sept 11th. Also the Empire State Building is constructed of thick concrete walls with steel girders set very close together. While the construction of the World Trade Center buildings was of lighter materials, thinner walls of concrete, mostly large sheets of glass and the steel frame work was set much further apart than those of the Empire building. Also, unlike the Empire building the WTC was constructed of an open floor plan. Fewer structural walls with large areas of cubicles...what we call Cube Farms. Given the speed they were traveling it is still conceivable that a portion of the fuselage was able to pass through to the other side and indeed in some video footage it did appear to do just that. But certainly not with the wings still in tact.

As for the positioning of the sun...this occurred early morning on an early fall late summer day. I'm not exactly sure where the sun should be, but I would guess that it would still be low on the horizon. Do we know which side of the building this was supposed to be showing? All of that need to be taken into consideration before debunking or approving the validity of the photo. The photo is so grainy it is difficult to make out the important markers clearly.

I just have to say this one thing on this subject...as a transplant to New York, I am sickened and appalled at how the rest of the country is now treating this tragic date. I've visited the west coast recently and in the media it is almost as if they are saying..get over it already. How exactly is one supposed to "get over it"? And one thing that may be a huge mistake made by both NY'ers and other Americans is the assumption that when they do finally strike again that it will be at NY all over again. I doubt they will do that since they achieved their objective...to bring down the WTC. It took two separate dates separated by a few years but they did it. Next, I predict they will hit one of the following cities...Chicago, LA, San Fran, Seattle, or maybe even Atlanta. These cities are major centers of commerce, communication, and transportation. They won't go after D.C. because it is too well guarded. They won't hit NY because it too is on constant alert.

Just please learn a lesson from this that you should always be aware of your surroundings and if you think someone is acting odd or suspicious, then TELL someone! Don't be a typical NYer and just mind your own business. If it turns out to be nothing then fine, no harm, no foul. But if it is something that could have been avoided and you stood by and did nothing...think of the guilt you would live with for the rest of your life.

Okay, I'll shut up now and step down off my soapbox.

Have a good day fellas!
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote