Thread: THE Wall
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2003, 05:46 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Pho -
Yup, I always go to Arlington when out there, but I really should pay respects elsewhere too...y'know, we ARE still alive and have got to carry that banner we have inside that other americans know nothing about or ever will, though they try I know... here lately when all this happened about the premise of the Iraq war, I get pretty stirred up about it all again, thinking maybe our President is in over his personal head, getting some real poor advice, attacking the wrong enemy... when the Commander in Chief says it's war, then by god it is war... so whoever he is had best make damn sure he explains it all honestly and completely, and apologies or excuses after the fact don't amount to a hill of beans at The Wall.

It sometimes causes me to believe that I'd rather have my name on that wall than to have to witness anything resembling that for our nation ever again... but they just keep on keepin' on it seems, and come around on Veterans Day with speeches to the ones who cannot hear anymore... and deny many promises made to the survivors.

I'm probably not thinking this through rightly... but this is how it appears.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote