View Single Post
Old 08-18-2003, 07:40 AM

Default Whatever happened to

the laws which states that a person must be a nativeoborn or lawfully naturalized citizen of the USA to vote ?!?!?

But then again, whatever happened to our laws and enforcement of immigration requirements and penalties ?!?!?

I'm all in favor of LEGAL immigration and naturalization, but hey, when it comes to having (letting) illegals and other non-citizens vote, THAT'S when it really becomes a problem and I don't care where they come / came from !!

Our country is fast going bancrupt because of our politians giving away so much to so many who have not earned the right to these priviledges. A birth certificate or a copy of the naturalization papers should be MANDATORY before being allowed to register to vote.
The fact that the Mexican counselate is giving out ID cards that cabn be used to FALSELY obtain drivers licenses and voter registrations should be stopped immediately and the counselate closed down ! Mexican officials should be deported as personna non-gratis and their government informed that any future such actions will result in imprisionment of those involved, to include up to 100% of the counselate staff.
The Mexican governement and all the others need to understand, without question, that the USA is OUR country, not their for the taking !!
If they don't like it, then close up all their counselates and embasses and stop and and all future immigration from those countries. We should also stop any and all trade with those countries until they agree to inforce and abide by our immigration laws.
I can understand and appreciate people from depressed countries wanting to come into the USA. They can find work and opportunities here that simply do not exist anywhere else in the world. However, they should also be held accountable and answerable under our laws. Deliberately falsifying and evading our laws should be grounds for long-term imprisinment and/or immediate expulsion from the USA, regardless of country of origin, or why they came here in the first place.
Those claiming persecusion should know that they are subject to immediate deportation if they are found to be in violation of our laws. If anyone wants to come, live and work in the USA, then they should do so legally, or suffer the consequences.