View Single Post
Old 08-19-2003, 03:03 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Yesterday!

Yesterday a friend of mine visited a small rural community in North Central Washington. It is in the heart of orhard country. We bought a box of peaches from some Indians from India that had legally immigrated to the United States several years ago. The discussion arose concerning the illegal immigrants in the United States. There were several orchardist that joined in on the conversation.

We have a real problem with the residents WASPs or WEECs in the United States. White Anglo Saxon Protestant, or White Eastern Europe Catholic. The average American is tooo lazy to do orchard work. If it weren't for the illegal immigrants the great American agricultural industry would go belly up because Americans want to live in a city and have a cushy job.

However, Indians (East Indians) were angry because they had to immigrate legally to enjoy the benefits of our great country. While Mexicans enjoy our wealth but do it illegally.

One old ochardist said, "If the college kids and high school kids of America would come out and work the harvest like they did before WW II we wouldn't have a problem with illegal immigration. Now I also have some serious concerns about illegal immigration but these orchardist and farmers in rural America realize we wouldn't have the wonderful food in the Super Markets if it weren't for the illegal immigrants from down south.

Now the question I ask you all is:

How can we get Young Americans tough enough physically and willing to work the harvests of America when we chase all the illegals from South of the Border back home?

The other question is: Have we brought this on ourselves because traditional America has become soft?

Keith :cd:
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote