View Single Post
Old 03-12-2004, 05:08 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

a. Everyone knows, or should know, that the President only proposes budgets. Congress amends, edits and approves all budgets, and has the right of override anytime they please. Vets are included in budgets, eh?

b. Kerry, just like the last Democrat, is saying that what America wants and needs is "Change". Kerry does not speak for America. Nobody who claims to know what "American's want" could possibly know anything more than what THEY think our country needs or wants. It sorta ticks me off when politicians say that, any of them... pretty arrogant basically. America is run by what happens at the POLLS, not by what pollSTERS tell us to think.

c. Ears being cut off, rape, murder, torture, tragedy, chaos, destruction. = war... pretty much since the dawn of warfare, no? Does this surprise anyone? We have been over and over the ear necklace topic; it possibly did occur, maybe not, maybe so, someone knows or has exaggerated. It does not matter. Very very bad things happen to EVERYONE when violence is unleashed, without fail. Fact is, ears and other body parts get cut off with a fair amount of regularity just on the streets of this world as it is in peacetime. A warrior, on any side, who is basically a psychopathic murdering torturer, whether congenitally or because they are just plain temporarily insanely angry is predictably bound to exist. Drop the subject.

d. When a man of ColMurph's standing questions the validity of 3 PHs for Kerry without a day in hospital, then I'd say there's a reason for that. As I understand it, the PH is not awarded for nicks and bruises, hang nails and paper cuts. The definition of the word "hero" has gotten a bit distorted as presently misused.

e. Most questions about Bush's performance in service are coulda beens mighta possiblys. The DOD is not generally known for handing out Honorable Discharges if there is any reason not to. Were they to do so, chances are they'd have a mutiny they couldn't stop and a demonstration on their Capital Mall out there maybe twenty times bigger than the "I Have A Dream" day crowd. There are about 16,000,000 living vets.

Stick with the CINC in time of war, it is fundamental to the welfare of they who have been sent to do the fighting. There is nothing else I need to know, and what is far more important, it is a lesson America should have learned unanimously by 1968.

Oh, and by the way, will those who never did a single thing during their service to slough off or slack just a tad please come forward and get your halo.
While we're at it, those who got more credit than they deserved for the sacrifices and achievements of other people... give the medals back, gently... or at least don't wear them nor include them on your resume.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote