Thread: Recon?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2002, 06:39 PM

Hi all y'all...don't get much of a chance to drop by as of late...running for Sheriff of Onslow County NC and "stuff" is kinda hectic.

Couple things here tho:

Force Recon Teams have already seen combat in Trashcanistan...they were the ones in an early firefight that made the news...out and about in Injun Country and some bad guys wanted to see what they were made of...good guys 6 and bad guys zip!

Drifter is right w/re to Recon Bn & Force Recon Co employment...I served in 3d Recon Bn and 3d Force Recon Co in RVN in '69/70. You should note, however, that just in the past couple weeks, the Corps has made some noises about Marines taking a bigger part in our SOF composition of forces. IF you'd like to read more about that, you can come up on my work site where I maintain an email list that has come to be known as the MilVet/MilRet List (catering mostly to Vets/Retirees hence the acronyms)...about 1250 folks strong...ALL Services/ALL Ranks...from WWII up thru curr AcDu folks...curr Commandant...former SECNAV Jim Webb...folks we know from this/other such forums like COL MURPH, Advisor, Pathfinder101, etc. Your call, of course.

Wayne_Morris@co.onslow.nc.us

Note that there's an "underscore" btwn "e" in Wayne and "M" in Morris that probably won't show up in this post.

Outta here for now...