Thread: HOLY War?????
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2005, 07:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

There is context to the current Islamic fundamentalist concept of ?Holy War? that gives a decided tactical advantage to our Troops, Marines or anyone engaging terrorists, including Cops, and maybe the more ?Holy War?, the better. Where a fatwa (Religious proclamation of sorts) is put down by an Islamic Cleric, or group of Clerics/Elders, declaring a ?Holy War? there are specific enablements? and privileges that automatically go to the fighters and first among these is automatic admission the ?heaven?, no questions asked-all is forgiven scenario. Then of course there are the added incentives of a mob of compliant virgins in rooms festooned with pearls, diamonds, jewels, etc., on and on.

Tiz heady stuff and the result is an ill-trained mob of perp weasels with guns that are all jacked up, pissing fire and all ready and anxious to get on to the rewards part of the deal. All that may sound a bit silly and ear sweet cake for the gullible, but that is exactly how it works. Bust it down to fundamentals and it is no more than war on the cheep and jacking up the gullible perp weasel cannon fodder.

Now put that mob up against a Company of well- trained and well- led Marines with world class weaponry and technological back-up that know the ?Holy War? scenario and there is no contest at all. Instead of a turkey shoot, it becomes a ?perp weasel shoot?. Clandestine groups of perp weasels are harder to root out and grab by the tail, but the ?Holy War? motivation is identical and the more our Troops, Cops and internal security people learn about it, the more able they will be able to interdict and deal with it. Heavy learning behind us and more to come but I think we are on the learning power curve/survival curve every place but inside the beltway. There the ?culture of against? is just that, against?fill in the blanks, and that is a severe handicap to grabbing the perp weasels by the tail and dealing with the inevitable. It has to be dealt with now or dealt with later. The only difference being that they become more embolden and enabled perp weasels later on, and in far greater numbers. That is a mathematical absolute, like gravity.

As late as last week we see Sen. Clinton giving Pres. Bush a slam dunk on border security and before those words finished reverberating off the walls, she up and votes against a Senate bill that had the purpose of increasing border security by a significant amount. And her newly adopted Deanian style of rude and uncalled for insults is curious; and here I had given her points for being a professional :ek: , and her latest is absolutely paradoxical. She calls Bush ?Alfred E. Newman? but her vote against increased border security yells out, ?What, me worry?? Maybe it?s something along the lines of talk the sweet talk but no walk the tough walk. Curious, eh.

Scamp