View Single Post
Old 03-14-2006, 08:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Thirty-seven years ago

today, March 14, 1969, I hooked up with the best and most beautiful woman I had ever seen. We were married on that day a long time ago and my love for her has grown more each day since then.

We met while I was home on convalescent leave in August 1968 from FT. Gordon Army Hospital after one of many operations on my right leg.

I was staying with a friend of mine in Southwest Atlanta and he introduced me to my Jackie on that hot August afternoon on the patio of his apartment. Jackie and her roomate Carol lived just next door to my friend Larry and were just getting home from work.

Even though I was in a 'half', or partial 'bodycast', she never once hesitated when I asked her out that night to go dancing of all things!

She and I and Larry and Carol went out that night to the Chesire Cat night club in Atlanta to see James Brown and The Flames. I was hell on crutches that night!............And from that point on, my life became better each day.

Anyone who could put up with my sorry ass for THIRTY-SEVEN (37) YEARS deserves more than I could ever hope to give her!

Below is a photo from one of our recent anniversary celebrations, a couple of years ago.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links