View Single Post
Old 02-28-2004, 04:13 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default A day

Although a little different than toms, still, pretty much the same. ?

As far as I can remember we never had BN sise operations, The bigest was usually 1 or 2 companies.
E-company was moved around so much from place to place that our job was to fill in everywhere, I think.
We wouldn't go out for weeks normally. If we were on S&D then we would stay out and look for sign for mayby 4 or 5 days. Get extracted and do it again in a nother area, if we found sign then BN would send in a Company and do a big spoke wheel type operation, After we switched from the 25th to the 4th we got a HOT meal in the field every day. Mermights they called them, kinda like a ice chest, with some kind of hot food and a tub of iced beer and soda. This didn't happen every day but I would guess 5 out of 7 days.
The kind of day depended on who we were working with and what area we were working in, The 101 we were kind of there ginny pig, the 173 we were in the way most of the time, the cav would just ignor us , until they needed us, then we were great to have a round. The Marines I couldn't even talk to, We were to do some kind of operations with a Marine unit west of hill 55 but we went left and they went right and that was the last I seen or heard from the Marines.
When we did our own 4th inf operations it was out of some base camp somewhere and was more of a show thing than an acual operation, something a Major could do to get a CIB. (oh no a sniper, ) Hes qualified.
I think most of the time we were in a small cluster F in the middle of a huge cluster F.
But thats just my perspective.

Ron