View Single Post
Old 10-08-2003, 12:55 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post I have always wondered what the press would say about me.

Having been in politics on a small basis and dealt with the Olympia, WA press, I have always wondered what the press would say about me if I were President.

I seen the press destroy good women and men with half-truths and lies. I believe most investigating reporting is lies. This applies to both conservatives and liberals. People just wanting to push their own agenda and end justifies the means. So when I read a bunch of garbage about some political figure conservative or liberal I usually think first "is there any truth in this what is the agenda and why are they trying to destroy this person?"

Just how much truth was dug up against Arnold in his bid for governor is obvious. Why? The idea is to destroy another individual.

Of course if what is dug up is true, maybe it will give us some moral insights into the individual, but how far does one go in digging up suppose dirt and where does it all end?

The destructive ways in which investigating journalism goes about systematically destroying people probably does more harm than good. Because very few good men want to have their families and themselves dug and exposed by these investigators.

Even I who have lived a pretty simple none controversial life probably have something they could dig up and expand upon, I for the life of me have no idea what it would be but we all have made a few enemies in life that would be willing to tell a member of the press something evil about me ( probably a lie) but they would tell the press I did this or said this and then the press would expand upon that bit of a lie and eventually I would become a child rapist and and robber of funds. With that type of garbage hanging over one's head, many a good man will not allow himself to be exposed to the investigative press that mostly tell lies and half-truths.

What would the press say about YOU?

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote