View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 08:41 AM

Unhappy Navy identifies missing sailor who reportedly went overboard from the USS Abraham Lin

Navy identifies missing sailor who reportedly went overboard from the USS Abraham Lincoln
By: Jeff Schogol - Task & Purpose - 7-22-19
RE: https://taskandpurpose.com/missing-l...tified-saldana

UPDATE!

The Navy has identified the missing sailor from the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln as Aviation Electronics Technician 2nd Class Slayton Saldana, who was assigned to Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 5, with Carrier Air Wing 7.

Photo on site only.

Saldana has been listed as Duty Status Whereabouts Unknown since July 17. He was reported overboard while the Lincoln was in the Arabian Sea. Search and rescue efforts ended on July 19.

Navy officials have not yet released any information about how Saldana went overboard.

His fiancé Lexi Posey posted on Facebook on Monday that the day marked the couple's 38-month anniversary.

They had planned to get married in April.

"Since I'm traveling back to the States and 'traveling back in time' due to time zones, today, our anniversary, will be a very long day," Posey wrote in a message to Saldana. "But I wish I could travel back in time to the start of our relationship over 3 years ago and constantly reassure you how much I have loved you and appreciate all the little things that you did for me."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our respect to his family and girl-friend Lexi - we are sorry about your loss and we send our respects to all.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote