View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 05:06 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default The

"original point"?

That's YOUR original "point"......NOT MINE!

You have yet to answer for 'your boys' conduct as described in the 'original post"!

Be that as it may, let me give you a little 'point' of information that you may like to ponder before attempting to compare 'apples to oranges".............OK???

According to the major service organizations, ie. DAV, AMVETS, Paralyzed American Veterans, American Legion, etc., the actual dollar(s) of Federal funds distributed PER VETERAN receiving health care or benefits from the VA has GONE DOWN in the past 4 years under George W. Bush!

Due in part to the influx of more Vietnam Vets nearing retirement and filing claims for disability benefits & health care, more and more WW II Veterans entering VA nursing homes and the incoming multitudes of Irag & Afganistan returning War Veterans. And, last but not least...................the inability of this adminstration and the Republicans in Congress to properly plan for these factors!

So dontcha be-a dragging that ole mantra of MORE $$$$$ into the system..............................cause that SHIT WON'T FLY!.....

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote