View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 05:49 AM

Hello Gimpy,
First, I would like to commend you on your concern for our military. I believe you think you have their best interest at heart. Our military is made up of the very best America has to offer (always has been). We are fortunate indeed to have the type of heroes we have who are willing to die for a cause our country deems important.

My seventeen year old nephew spent a year in Iraq - he celebrated his eighteenth birthday there while serving in the army. My eighteen year old grandson, who is a marine, will most likely be sent there soon. Justin is strong in his belief about why he will be going to Iraq and it bothers him to hear democrats saying it's for an unjust cause. He sees it as an important job and one that needs to be completed. Now, I love this young man as my own son. He has spent many summers here with us and we are so very proud of him. Of course, I'm not willing to see his life sacrificed, but we are willing to allow him in harms way for the sake of what is the right thing to do! He's a hero because he will do whatever his president and country requires him to do.

Now, having said all that, I feel it's very important to address your two part question about how God "feels" about our country sending young men and women into harms way and then denying them adequate care afterwards.

First of all, God's word says for us to "obey those in authority" (in all things) unless those in authority are asking us to disobey God's law. Only then do we have the right to disobey.

Here's how it works: God loves individually (He's no respecter of persons) and He disciplines according to each person's sin. He also punishes/rewards nations and leaders for their decisions. If America (as a whole) continues to commit sins against God (without repentance), He will punish America as a whole. Christians as well as non-believers will come under this just punishment. That doesn't mean God is personally punishing a Christian for things they had no control over. It rains on the just and the unjust alike. Besides that, God doesn't punish His own - He disciplines and there is a great difference between the two.

When our country was in the middle of the "War Between The States" (or the "Civil War" as some mistakenly call it) there were Christians on both sides killing each other. If one Christian kills another during war will God punish the one who killed? No, and the reason is because both Christians were obeying those in authority and fighting for what they believed was a "just" war. So, to answer the first part of your question... Yes, God does expect our young heroes to go to Iraq, or wherever, to do what their country calls for them to do.

As far as how God "feels" about our country denying our heroes adequate care when they return. I personally believe God hates the injustice of our military being denied adequate care. God hates injustice period! However, when we learn to trust God for, and in all things we can depend on His mercy and care. Now, that doesn't mean a Christian will not suffer from injustice, what it means is God will use the injustice for our good. What we are here for is to glorify God and to become more Christ-like. Therefore, to suffer an injustice while trusting God for the outcome is something all Christians need to do.

I hope I've answered your question adequately. There isn't enough time for me to detail how God works in our lives for our good when we are in the right, and especially when we are in the wrong.

One last thought, I detest those who are willing to give the enemy encouragement to continue their war on us. That, to me, is the greatest sin against our military and our country! Speaking on behalf of those whom I love in the military I say, "Shut up and sit down!" Stop putting my loved ones in more harms way by your words!

Thank you for asking your question, Gimpy, it has allowed me to tell you about my grandson and nephew who are "real" heroes, amen?

God bless America! God bless those willing to die for their country!
Dot

Check out my friend's poem:
http://www.geocities.com/poetryfromh...yintheusa.html
the jeer of His patience,
the slight of His power
the contempt of His love!
(John Bunyan)

Never argue with a fool; someone looking in might not be able to tell the differance.

hopeinaworldofhate.com/
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote