Thread: T.h.c.
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2002, 10:53 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Reeb,

I?m not at all sure being hard on the THC moderators or finding them at fault for the difficulties on Vets. Com is the right thing to do. Things were real wild, wooly, rude and unruly over there and I believe that the participants controlled that environment and the moderators tried to cope with it, however unsuccessfully.

In actuality, Vets.Com was mild as compared to the two HC Veterans boards that preceded it and for those that didn?t witness that previous insanity, it was a continuous brawl in the best tradition of a drunken bar fight.

As you may have observed, Patriots.Com has no sponsors and many of us financially support the effort here. As well, you may have noticed that the moderators are very experienced, knowledgeable, people and are known to nip things in the bud before things get out of hand.

As well, it is my belief that the individual participants here feel a responsibility to keep building on a positive concept and yet say what is on their mind. So all in all, I believe there a lot of safeguards built into Patriots.Com and the biggest share of that is the attitude of the participants. Given this observation, I don?t think Vets.Com ever really stood a chance.

Anyway, that?s my opinion and its good to see you, Theo and Neil coming aboard as you all have valuable contributions to make.

Scamp

(Former Cracker Jack)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote