View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 02:19 PM

Reco - its tough to teach an old dog any new tricks. Same for us old folks. Once we get set in our ways - well there's not much anyone can do about it. We make the best of each day as tomorrow may bring sorrow - or just another day.

But I feel the worse when I see my daughter's busting their ass working and taking care of their kids. Now their kids are also working to help offset the shortages that their Mother can't make up. We've helped them during tough times but eventually we won't be around to help them when the need arises.

They are now at the age where they see what their parents went through and say how did you do it. Well I give the credit to my frugal wife - she's my minister of finance. She handles the books and pays all the bills. I get an allowance and when gone that's it until she says so. Kath's the best thing that ever happen to me. But now she's so sick I can't fix her issues. I do my best but its never enough. She's been to so many doctor's looking for someone who say's I can help you - but after 7-9 years her condition has only gotten worse. She degrading and her condition is worsening. She just wants to die as she often say's nobody should have to live like this. Depressing as hell. Her central nervous system has undergone a breakdown from her brain through her spine all the way to her feet and legs. Tremors are constant - temperature changes excite her nervous system in ways you can't believe. Medications worsen her abilities to function properly - 10-12 neurosurgeons have seen her - she's had extensive nerve testing and the condition is such that the prescribed medications only make her worse. I wouldn't wish this on anyone! She's not alone there are thousands with these issues unbeknownst to us until much later. But she's a tough Italian and deals with it every day. So when I think I have it bad off - there's always someone else whose suffering ten fold more than me.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote