View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 02:36 PM

That article is pure MISINFORMATION! P&O lines DOES NOT OPERATE ANYTHING in the Port of Philadelphia! They are a Shipping Company that operate vessels. They have one vessel call a week at Packer Avenue Terminal. To say that P&O runs the port is untrue. The Port of Philadelphia is run by the Delaware River Port Authority. The same holds true for New York and Port Elizabeth, NJ. which are run by their respective Port Authorities. NO FOREIGN COMPANY runs any US Port. As a matter of fact no US Company runs any US Ports either. Ports are run by Port Authorities and in the Case of Philadelphia, it's a Tri-State Commission from New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Delaware. The above article from World Tribune.com is totally untrue.

I'm in the Maritime Business. I'm Port Manager for Norton Lilly International in the Ports of Philadelphia and Wilmington Delaware. NO SHIPPING LINE runs anything here! Nothing moves on the Delaware river without the approval of Customs and Border Protection and the USCG Captain of the Port. That article is just PURE BS!

PS. We're agents for some of the P & O Ships that were just taken over by Maersk Lines (Danish) and re-named. (Not DP World from Dubai.)
Most of P&O is now owned by Hapag Lloyd.

World Tribune.com is on a par with the Onion. iF YOU BELIEVE ANYTHING PRINTED THERE I HAVE A COUPLE OF BRIDGES TO SELL YOU.

I'd really appreciate it Larry, if you'd check into the truth of a statement before you post it for folks to read.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote