View Single Post
Old 09-06-2003, 04:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

quote ....

" Sean Hannity is a bully O'Reilly wanna-be. O'Reilly is a bully Limbaugh wanna-be. They appear to have chosen conservative viewpoints because doing so supplies them with a paycheck. My beef with them is mostly in the WAY they do what they do. I shudder to think that O'Reilly's ratings are as high as they are... what that means about the mood, independence and tolerance of our people. They all operate at the threshhold of being out of bounds, and remind me (the three mentioned above) of Gestapo hate-mongers, demonizing anything or anyone with which or whom they disagree, and having become egocentric mouthpieces for government who abuse the power of the Press. They are newsmakers, not yet journalists. Most of their ideas are NOT well-reasoned, they are scripted for effect, like a Hollywood movie. Their points of view fuel the flames of terrorism when rebroadcast or reported to the enemy, and often have the effect of polarizing americans as to domestic issues just as the extremes of liberal opinion do. Luckily there are numerous other able and intelligent conservative reporters from which to choose, some of whom I have previously named, but would have included Wm. F. Buckley among them, and would name Molly Ivins and Michael Kinsley among the more helpful of the opposition. "

...unquote

Gestapo hate-mongers ? Newsmakers, not yet journalists ? Most of their ideas are NOT well reasoned ? scripted for effect ? Michael Kinsley ?

For God's sake....this is so far in the left field I am left speechless..
The 3 folks you name have flaws...many. But logic is not one of them. For all his bluster, Rush Limbaugh can logically crucify most politicians on the left on just about any topic, simply by just playing a recording of their own words...Remember I am Libertarian. If using Nazi imagery is the best you can do, then I think you have failed. Prior to 1988, there wasn't a national platform for conservative views. I look at the merits of an argument. Try to look past ego, bluster and bombast. Everyone has something of value. The diatribe above totally negates any possibility of worth from these efforts. NO ONE has a lock on the truth....

OH YES >> ... quote "not unlike Hanoi Jane's little "regrettable misstep" back then" unquote

It is called TREASON !!!

DEO VINDICE

Larry