View Single Post
Old 09-08-2003, 07:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default BLUE

After reading again your comments and replies to others, I submit that you should change your name from BLUEHAWK to BLUEDOVE, so as to more accurately describe your positions.

1. The UN? They are not so threatening, but are virtually inept when it comes to dealing with real problems. Cases in point: Rwanda, where 500,000+ people were slaughtered, while UN peacekeepers were fleeing for their lives, and the UN itself twiddled ther collective thumbs. (The beloved leader of our last administration at the time was too busy zipping up his pants to lift a finger to stop this genocide. And then irony of ironies, he's salivated over as the First Black President.) For years following the First Gulf War, they passed resolution after sanction, condeming Iraq, and ultimately did nothing to back up their threats of action. I could cite more details, but hopefully you get the picture why thoughtful people view the UN as an anachronism at best, and a worthless debating society at worst.

1.A. Insulting France's Integrity? And if our government, talk shows, and the vast majority of Americans slam the French for their perfidious behaviour, is that really insulting France's integrity? Issuing visas for fleeings Iraqi war crimes suspects?Show us an example of France's integrity - it's as absent as their military prowess.

2. Jane Fonda's expressing remorse? BFD. Many convicted murderers have expressed remorse right before they have the needle inserted; their remorse does not absolve them of the conseqeunces of their crimes, anymore than does JF wringing her hands. She's still a traitorous bitch. What most liberals fail to grasp is that there are consequences of their actions and to their failed policies.

3. Liberal media? Why not look at accurately derived data, as in interviews with all segments of the media. These facts clearly present the reality that the press is liberal by far, in their own words (Jayson Blair notwithstanding). Who have they voted for in the past, in overwhelming numbers? Even ol' Uncle Waltie has finally admitted the truth for a change. If you think the mainstream media is moderate, you might want to go mainline another cup of coffee. And there is a truly alternative liberal TV program - or programs - just tune in to CBS, NBC and ABC. The success of the FNC stems from the fact that people grew tired of being force-fed crap by commentators trying to peddle opinion as news. Their continuing drop in viewers, all the while correspoinding to a rising viewership on the FNC should tell you something. Journalists, as you so correctly pointed out, should report the news; but what we have passing themselves off as reporters are nothing but commentators, and lousy ones at that.

4. Voting record? I find it hard to believe that you can call yourself "conservative." Your comments on these sites almost from the gitgo have spoken frequently to the contrary. Not that there's anything woring with being a liberal.... to paraphrase Seinfeld.......and defending Michael Kinsley? He's so far to the left that thankfully, he's almost out of sight.

5. Big guvmint? I condemn all efforts to increase the role and function of the federal guvmint beyond that which is constitutionally mandated. And I could care less who's the culprit of the increasing size; I'm extremely disappointed (and am taking appropriate actions) by some in Congress to add yet another entitlement to the books, thereby furthering imprisoning the present and the future to pay for this bloat. Big guvmint should be opposed at every level, not just at the federal; for example, by illegally granting drivers' licenses to wetbacks, California is enabling more taxpayer burden for the multitude of benefits these wets demand. For no other reason than this, Gray Davis should be impeached, and convicted, if not voted out of office first. And the remainder of the country will see the painful truth of what happens when big guvmint gets too big: California is about to implode upon itself, and no amount of pointing the finger at wasskely Wepublicans will convince anybody with even a modicum of brainpower that spending like a drunken sailor is a good thing, even in California.

6. Quebecinization of America is my lament of how weird, wacky, and freqeuntly ill-advised things start in California, and then are mongrelified and exported to other states. I fear that the insanity of the drivers' license issue will soon find its way eastward, thereby adding to security problems, state budget deficits, language putrification, and more crime.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote