View Single Post
Old 07-24-2003, 05:57 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Re: Beau

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy You, "Think it is no longer refered to as an insurrection." That was cute. I like the way you put it.
Hope Tpad has another question or two for you.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Andy --- what are you getting at. I am trying to understand what you mean and am getting nowhere.

As to questions on that War --- he should go to Jim Zwicks web pages. I only occassionally learn things about the Philipine-American War and that is more than many others do. I think the Phillipine-American War should be a subject all it's own. I find the once longstanding labeling of that war as an "Insurrection" is a repulsive and disgusting vulgarity on the American ideals of Freedom. And the anti-mescegination laws that existed up until about 1946 --- another Operation in obscenity: I do not want to hear about some correspondingly stupid European against European come back: right now, and in this post, it is about the chasing and fanging and abusing of Filipinos by Americans. And right now, and in this post ---- I feel the abuse from way back, and far deeper than any of you guys can. And toss in my Mexican side.

But what do I know, I only lived occassionally at the Flip Asparagus Camps and watched Stockton cops muscle a little Flip and heard them call him a "Monkey" --- what do I know, except every time I look at Meg I can see a bit of the Filipina side in her surface and ponder her possible spiritual resonance with Islanders from the ages, all embedded in blood and art. What do I know, little Refried-Flip me --- had I been stronger, I could'a stood on the bow of my riverboat and pissed on the coast of my fathers birthplace. But now, or lately --- for that coast and archipelgo, and for those immigrants --- I have a growing fondness for: their features; endurance; food; characters "half beast half child"; their genius at basic survival; and my sex with Carrie C. (pure Filipina) .

You want something scholarly Tpad, or get info on Marine Corps uniforms of the day --- go to Jim Zwick's website. I wore a uniform not far from those Islands --- nothing so fancy as your gyrenes: just brown skin, superficially layered over with a sleeveless Olive Drab shirt.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote