View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 09:26 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpy View Post
Even though I agree with your first two comments regarding this report being aired this Sunday night.

It has virtually nothing to do with the report about the Dod "betrayal" that you've posted here.

The Dod "memo" refers to the eligibility of "the enhancement of disability severance pay" from the MILITARY....................Not.........repeat.... NOT the VA treatment OR "compensation" for PTSD......the VA has it's OWN set of "criteria" in place for the award of compensation and treatment for PTSD.

What that azzhat David Chu did was an attempt to LIMIT the Department of Defenses' "liability" to provide not ONLY care and treatment at military facilities for militarily "retired" members, but for any additional "military retirement disability compensation" from the MILITARY!....NOT-----The VA.

THE USC Title 38 will take care of "ptsd" patients within the VA despite what the freakin azzhole David Chu did, even though it does prevent them from receiving the "other" benefits provided by the Dod for military "retired" service members. It is STILL a travesty of justice, just NOT instituted by the VA.

Just thought you ought to know.

Best regards,

Gimp
I did "know" that, old friend.

And my point stands, as far as I'm concerned.

I also know something of HOW much this issue has troubled you in particular for so long, and it pains me that it still does - but I'm sure you have your own good reasons undeniable.

Though I've maybe not said it in so many words, the only thing I've ever stressed is the key problem the VA faces in being obliged to daily deal with pretenders and wannabe claimants - which is, in my opinion, THE major and quite sensible reason for some of these rulings you and others of us so ferociously object to.

Having said that, I hasten to add that no doubt we'll come up against bean counters and lawyers writing goofy regulations in windowless rooms based on hunches and no practical experience with the problems.

I'll be watching the program to see how a serious issue gets spun by lamestream media; with the hope that the broadcast will advance the ball of justice for those deserving it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote