View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 07:13 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default My Questions to Jerry Conner

He said that they took part in DoD MACV OP35. OP35 was the ground studies portion of MACV/SOG. There were NEVER any Divisional units assigned or attached to SOG for any operational plan. Personnell were assigned to SOG under classified secret orders but never a unit, For ground studies they normally were assigned to MACV SOG from SF 5th group, USMC Force RECON and SEAL TEAM 2. I called 2 of my SF partners in crime to check and make sure I was correct. Col Mark Ponzillo who helped start the RECONDO school in Na Trang, Installed the ranger company for the 25th, Was CO of SOG OP34 (airborne operations)at Long Than and was CO of the jump school at Benning. SMJ Jim Farrell was my RT Lighting opns sgt at Quan Loi and retired as SMJ of the Ranger School also at Benning. Conners also claims to have been a SF weapons expert. Well at that time Officers remained branch qualified with the officers MOS for that branch and were given Prefix qualifications for SF and Airborne and Ranger qualifications. For instance my basic mos was Field Artillery (1190) with prefix 3 and 5 qualifications (351190). A SF Officer would not have an enlisted SF mos qualification. I also asked where he went to jump master school what was his class and roster number, Does he have a Graduation Certificate to produce. You must attend jumpmaster school along with the required number and type of jumps to get the wreath. A lot of people don't know that.