View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 01:15 PM

Your characterization of posters is somewhat repugnant to me. I don't drink and I have a degree. I have no pile of cans and keep my hand gun in the safe. If the time comes to use it I won't shoot myself in the foot. I see no problem with what is posted on the "recent posts" area. It's like a table of contents: open what interests you and leave the rest alone.

Quote:
My advice to the Administrators: Free speech and all that, I don't advocate shutting down the "Political Debate" forum or mess with "who" can post what. God knows the bubbas need a place to vent or they might burst an artery or accidently shoot themselves with that loaded 357 laying somewhere under all of those empty beer cans. Instead, remove the news feed for "Political Debate” and "General Posts" from appearing on the home page. "Latest Posts" should be actual postings of military history stories - not the equivalent of a Fox News ticker, and that goes for arguments that are both right and left. In my opinion, the site should be politically neutral if its goal is to provide a credible source of military history for everyone and honor the stories of ALL veterans.