View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 07:40 PM

Hello PHO127, Hal, Dan, Chilidog, Trav and Bill,

My goodness! What a surprise to see so many post to welcome me. Thank you all so much! You've made me feel right at home.

Awww, I don't worry about those who have a different opinion. That's what makes this old world interesting, amen?

I'm just glad to see a forum where your opinion is appreciated and regarded as important even if the majority disagree. That's what makes America great; we are free to speak our minds.

I was born and raised in Fort Worth, Texas, but have lived for the past 25 years in McDonald county - near the Oklahoma, Arkansas borders. We have two sons who are policemen. One was a detective for Lawrence and Berry counties and the other was a deputy sheriff for over ten years here in Mac county. They both still work every once in awhile to retain their status. Now, the detective own his own truck and the other one works for Wal Mart (he flies all over the states checking out security at different stores).

Just like our service men and women, policemen have to live on starvation wages and yet are ready to give their life to save those who won't fight to raise their benefits or wages. But, I don't need to get on my soap box on that issue...

My husband worked overseas for an oil company for nearly thirty years and we lived in Iran for three of those years. While in Iran we adopted a baby girl who was abandoned on our neighbors doorstep. It's a great story and she's a beautiful and precious daughter. Our boys went to a boarding school in India and they can tell you some hair-raising tales! LOL

Well, I'm about to tell you my life history so will shut up and sit down... LOL

God bless you boys... each and every one of you brave and courageous heroes.
Dot
the jeer of His patience,
the slight of His power
the contempt of His love!
(John Bunyan)

Never argue with a fool; someone looking in might not be able to tell the differance.

hopeinaworldofhate.com/
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote