Thread: Japan nuclear
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 12:03 PM

Unhappy It's the 3-Strike Addage

1. Earthquake
2. Tsunami
3. Loosing Nukes

They are shell shocked and dismayed to say the least. I do regret their situation and don't envey their future prospects. The rebuilding cost, the loss of life and the loss of their power supply will bankrupt them.

I want to take my hat off to those folks working in those busted Nuke during this disruption. It takes a special man to risk his life - or shorten it quite dramatically - by staying in there. But who else could do it? The average man or woman wouldn't know what to do - so in order to save their people and sacrafice their remainin life to save another shows real heart and character and to do a selfless act like this is heroism to me. Their familes should be taken care of should the short comings result (like we know it will).

Chilling was word I used when I watched all these events come down on them. I was really surprised their large high rises stood all that motion. The tsunami was frigthening and for sure had to feel like the end of days (and was to many) to these folks on the ground. I think they only had a 15 min. warning before the tsunami came rolling in. The old ones I feel for as they did not have the strength or endurance to make the trek to high ground.

40 year old Nuke's I was surprised they were that old. More suprised that they were taken
out so quickly from the earthquake and the loss of their coolant pumps. They normally have more redundancy - I think there is a 3-tier back system on most Nuke plants. To have them all fail surely had to be horrifying for sure.

The Christian in me feels bad for them as the road ahead will be long and hard. Recovery will be difficult and many will have far less than they did before this event. God help them if another comes sooner than later -

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote