View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 12:29 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default war

Dave makes a great point regarding The Seven Years War being related to the American Revolution. The Brits won all over the world but it cost them lots of gold. That?s when Parliament decided to start taxing the colonies in America, which of course, started our Revolution.

John mentioned Rogers Rangers and his rules of combat. When I got to the 25th ID we were all issued a copy of those rules on a small piece of card board that easily fit in a shirt pocket. I mailed mine home. If I can find the darn thing I?ll get it to you.

The French and Indian War was when Lord Jeffery Amherst got into biological warfare. A boat came into Boston harbor (this was so long ago the harbor was clean!). The boat had been ravaged by small pox. Amherst had people who had already been exposed to small pox unload the ship, put everything on wagons, (especially the blankets and clothing) and gave it all, as a gesture of good will, to Indians who were from western Massachusetts and Curtis? area of N.Y. Amherst killed about 80% of all our Indians with his gift. It?s funny, a town was named for Amherst which is now the home of 3 of the most liberal colleges in America.

Wolf and Montcalm, the Plains of Abraham, I love this stuff.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote