View Single Post
Old 10-09-2002, 05:06 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

The closest town to the east of Fayetteville is Jonesboro. Some of you Civil War (is that politacally correct to say?) buffs may recall the Battle of Jonesboro where the Federals cut off the rail lines that supplied Atlanta. The rail line is still there and right beside the tracks is a Confederate States of America (CSA) military grave yard.
When we moved down here in '94 I visited that grave yard and over it proudly flew the flag that those troops fought and died for. At that time that flag flew legally but the politically correct insisted that that flag had no place in America and the flag was removed. Since 1994 the image of the CSA banner has been removed from the flag of the state of Georgia. Why? Because the politically correct threatened to remove their convention business from Atlanta and tourism business from the state if it wasn't removed. How dumb we are to be threatened and surrender our history to those who wish to delete it? Imagine if France told the US to remove its flag that proudly flies over the American cemetery on the beaches of Normandy. Would we surrender to the politacally correct of France? America was created through the spilling of blood of its soldiers and when the Father calls me home in my hand will be placed the symbol of his Son, the cross, and the box that they put me in will be drapped with the flag that I would have proudly died for.
The Stars and Bars flies proudly over the cemetery in Jonesboro again today. Surrender Hell? We've only begun to fight!