View Single Post
Old 10-09-2002, 05:55 AM

I am a red neck from Texas! But first of all I am an American who swore allegence to U.S. Flag, saluted it, raised and lowered it, folded it up correctly, and served under it in Korea. I also watched idiots burn it and disgrace it in the late 60s and into the 70s in this country under the protection of the constitution of this great country.
I don't think anyone has the right to burn our flags or books because they think they have some greater right than any other American. If a Confederate flag needs to be disposed of, what about the rising sun flag of Japan? How about the feeling of guy's at the Alamo and the Mexican flag? How about the German flags, hell we fought them twice in two world wars.
My heritage is southern, by way of Ellis Island by great-great Grandparents from Germany. I only fly the American flag, I only pay homage to the American flag. However
, I defended every americans right to fly any thing they want to regardless of the popularity of the time's.
This is a free country for everyone, bitching and moaning don't make it more free. Getting rid of history is a violation of freedom for future generations I would think.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote