Thread: Dec 67
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 02:30 PM

Default Rons June 1967 picture

Guys,

First off, I am sorry that I do not know how to upload pictures, but I am attempting it with this message. If the photo doesn’t show up, send me a PM and I will send you a copy of the photo B/C.

The accompanying photo is of Ron supposedly at Cam Ranh Bay Viet Nam on June 19, 1967. I have no reason to doubt the authenticity of the photo other than he sent it as proof that he is not a wannabee. Fine!

Those of you that were Airborne, or even knew folks that were Airborne, as well as those of you that were Infantry, will notice the traditional accoutrements: jump wings with backing, glider patch, Infantry braid and Infantry backing to his brass. I can’t see it well enough to be certain, but he does appear to be wearing the Pathfinder Badge. I don't know what that other rope he is wearing is all about, but I have seen others with it over the years so I would appreciate it if one of you guys would enlighten me to its proper nomenclature.

The problem is that nowhere in his story does he mention attending the Basic Airborne Course (Jump School) or infantry AIT.

Robert
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ron.jpg (683.7 KB, 47 views)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote