View Single Post
Old 06-21-2002, 07:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default It's the Same Old Thing.

Large institutions like government, corporations, Catholic church have a life of their own. Protectionism, cover-ups, etc become necessary (choke) to protect the internal system. The three kids who were killed were from Yakima, WA and the youngman, crew chief, was from Ellensburg, WA. (The place I live). Cover-up, slip away and hide is how large institutions function. Any student of history will tell you those facts.

I am sure the names of the disciplined employees will come to light eventually. The big problem was the arguing about enviromental issues and allowing the fire to build up into a dangerous blaze while they sat obeying orders until they burned.

But, should it surprise us that protectionism of the internal organization should take place. Not my fault. Shift around them priests. Protect the status quo. Happens everyday all the time around the world. Its wrong but it is the part of the dark side of human nature.

Everytime we tell a "white lie" to get the boss off our back or tell our wife we got the milk when haven't, etc. We are engaging in the same thing, howbeit on a smaller, less dangerous scale. Lest we forget there is a dark side to human nature, and we are all guilty of giving in to it once in awhile. The biggest problem is when it gets to the corporate, governmental level innocent people get hurt and sometimes killed. "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone."

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote