View Single Post
Old 01-11-2004, 10:13 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default Hawk

I don't think we can "blame" our failures on God. He gave us all the knowledge and resources we need to become the most successful species on this planet. However we also developed what other species don't have, ego. Somewhere there is always someone who thinks he has all the answers and we must follow his ideas...or he'll kill us. Naturally, if we don't agree, we're forced to fight back. The old saying is that "Money is the root of all evil". I disagree. The lust for power is worse. Money, if you have the knowledge and talent, is relatively easy to accumulate, but the idea that you can literally control lives (sort of God-like) is the real failure factor. Once someone gets it into his head that, his whims should be the order of the day, then watch out! Hussein is a perfect example. With the oil resouces of Iraq, he could've been easily satisfied with running just that country, but the lust for power drove him to attack Iran and Kuwait, kill tens of thousands of potential threats and, under the guise of Islam, attempt to take over or control the entire mideast and make a long range bid for world domination. Face it, mankind is its own worst enemy.