View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

OK, I know this might go against some but right now I'm on top of a "mountain" outside of Ellijay, Ga.
Yeh, Mom died just yesterday but two weeks ago she fell at the rest home where she lived and they took her to the hospital and x-rayed her spine. My brother
Tommy said that the x-ray looked like a stack of pop cans piled one on top of another which had been crushed down on each other. They put her on morphine and sent her back to the rest home. On May 27th Mom would have been 95 years old and was in constant pain and for several years she's told me that she wished God almighty would take her Home so she would feel better. Yesterday morning the nurse went into her room to give her breakfast and she was gone with a smile on her face.
God is good and she's gone Home.
I called Sandy at my church who's the Prayer Team Leader for my church to let her know since she knew about Mom and 20 minutes after I got off the phone I got a call from Pastor Kollmier who's first words to me were "Go to the mountain and see what He's given you. Your Mom's feeling real good right now where she's at. Services for her are Monday and Joanne and I will be headed to pick up Jorday from Ft. Stewart and be in Melbourne Monday to put to rest what Mom left behind.
Thank you all for your sympathy but we knew it was coming