View Single Post
Old 07-25-2003, 10:44 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default Yo Rinty!

Damn, Colonel! That photo is a sure-fire appetite killer. However, I did "chow" down on dog meat in the PI. Some street vendor was selling what appeared to be beef strips which he would put in a bowl of rice and top it off with some kind of hot sauce. A buddy said I should try it as it was delicious. So I did, and he was right. After I ate about half of it he started to laugh and told me what it was fully expecting me to hurl it up. To his surprise I "woolfed" down the rest of it and, anytime I went downtown after that, I'd get a bowl. To this day, though, I can't pass a fire hydrant without wanting to take a wizz!

Of course that wasn't the most exotic food I ever ate. Being a Portagee, I'm used to blood sausage and even taking part in slaughtering the pig when I was only five. My job was to stir the blood as it flowed from the pig's cut throat into a pot to keep it from curdling. My mother had me do that wearing only an old towel around my waist so I wouldn't get my clothes covered with blood stains. Good ol' Ma, always thinking.

Besides game meat I also had a few different kinds of snake, gator, woodchuck, coyote, squirrel, raccoon, basically anything that has walked, crawled, flown or slithered. I'm PETA's worst nightmare!