View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004, 03:16 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Knock, knock, anybody home? Kerry?s most recent pronouncements about gun control had to be aimed at the lifeless and/or mindless. I heard him say it so I ain?t stretching a condom over a basketball. But according to TJ, he will whoop the terrorists via gun control. He blathers on about an Al Qaeda field manual that tells the incipient martyrs to get their guns in the US. Well ya, it would be rather simple minded for them to try to carry their AKs and such through US Customs.

But on the other hand, I would think that black market weaponry up to and including large amounts of high explosives are available within US borders, for a price. And I reckon our erstwhile neighbors to the south could give a shit less what rolls north so long as they grab a cut of the action and get to ?wet their beaks?. And I figure that some Al Qaeda Mustafa Al Martyr isn?t likely to just go to some gun shop or Sears, etc., fill out the paperwork and then return to pick up some hot, latest and greatest assault rifle and 1K rounds of killer ammo. Nope, I reckon they are a bit cleverer about arming up if they have the need for some serious weaponry. Hell sakes, the Crips or Bloods, etc. probably have more up to date stuff than most PDs and are very willing to deal for a price.

Anyway, Kerry can?t be serious about such a BS pronouncement, can he? Who in the world would believe such nonsense? Hmmm, maybe I don?t want to know the answer the latter question, I just hope it isn?t a neighbor of mine.

Scamp